Most of us have a large dinner of some sorts when the Easter holidays arrive. With these pretty placemats and matching napkins, everyone will feel just a little more special seated at your table.
The finished placemat is 17" x 12"
The finished napkin is 16" square
- Easter fabrics, co-ordinating print and plain.
- Maybe something to go with those special dishes you plan to use.
- matching thread and batting or flannel
- For one placemat, cut print and plain fabric 18" x 13"
- Cut batting or flannel 18" x 13"
- Measure across each corner and draw a line at 3" interval
- Stack batting on bottom, print fabric right side up, plain fabric face down.
- Stitch, using straight stitch around outer edges, sewing across corners where marked.
- Leave an opening 4" wide to turn right side out.
- Carefully, trim corners with scissors.
- Turn right side out and hand stitch opening closed.
- Top stitch around entire top 1/2" from edge.
- Cut one piece of each fabric 17" square.
- Put right sides together and stitch around outer edge.
- Leave 4" opening to turn right side out.
- Trim corners and sides to lessen bulk.
- Carefully turn right side out, pushing out corners gently.
- Turn right side out and stitch opening closed.
- You can use decorative threads or contrasting colours to topstitch napkin.
This project developed by Mary Wilkins. She is the mother of 3 grown children and 6 perfect grandchildren.
Hallmark Occasions Butterfly & Eggs Blue
Designed by Hallmark for Free Spirit Fabrics, this adorable cotton print fabric features butterflies and Easter eggs. Colors include yellow, green and turquoise on a blue background. This fabric is perfect for quilt or craft projects, apparel and home decor accents.
Spring Violets Stripe Violet
Designed for David Taxtiles, this fabric features horizontal stripes of waves and violets. Colors include green, white, yellow and violet. It is perfect for quilting projects, apparel and home decor accents.