Sew, What's New?

Curating sewing and quilting talent, techniques, and tutorials, since 1997.

All Post Tagged 'recycle' (66)

← Back to Refashion & Recycle
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

From Winter Coats to Throw Pillows - Smart Eco-Friendly Sewing

"If you have any old winter coats at the back of your closet, this throw pillow DIY is a great way to re-use them! Or if you don't ha…

Started by Susan

0 Dec 1, 2015

Stash Couture Logo Tunic

Using parts and pieces of a college logo sweatshirt, 2 yards of Stash knit fabric and facings cut from no longer used grey t-shirts, this…

Started by Destashification

2 Jan 31, 2015
Reply by Destashification

Stash Couture Logo Tunic

Using parts and pieces of a college logo sweatshirt, 2 yards of Stash knit fabric and facings cut from no longer used grey t-shirts, this…

Started by Destashification

1 Jan 31, 2015
Reply by Karen

Sweater Dress Refashion Into a Hi-Lo Sweater - by Fashion Toppings

In this video, Fashion Toppings took a long black and white sweater dress and made it into a cropped hi-low sweater. More sweater ref…

Started by Susan

0 Dec 18, 2012

Refashion a Sweater to a Beret Hat and Wrist Warmers

In this video, "Fashion Toppings" shows you how to make a dressy hat and wrist warmers out of a small thrift store sweater. The hat fits…

Started by Susan

0 Dec 18, 2012

Toddler Boys Suit Jacket From Man's Suit Jacket - Free Tutorial and Pattern

By using an old suit jacket, you get some of the fun details without the time and advanced construction. Heather, from Feather's Flight, (…

Started by Susan

0 Oct 8, 2012

Recycling a button-down front of a shirt to use as pillow closure

You will never have to make a button h***, or sew a button on a pillow again... if you recycle an old shirt.      For more photos and a…

Started by Susan

6 Oct 5, 2012
Reply by Ags

Making a bag from a sweater - without felting it - Part 2

Found this when I was researching recycling my sweater Hi, I’m Ashley…welcome to my little corner. I am a mom to 3 wiggly kiddos and a w…

Started by Karen

1 May 9, 2012
Reply by sawsan

ReMaking and Lengthening a Layered T-shirt

Tara from EmBen Designs demonstrates within this tutorial how she remade a faux layered t-shirt that just appears as though it’s worn ov…

Started by Susan

2 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Kip

Ruffled Top From a T-shirt - Sweetheart Neckline & Empire Waist

by Amie of Kitty Cats and Airplanes Here's what you need: A cotton t-shirt at least one size bigger than what you typically wear A shi…

Started by Susan

1 Mar 16, 2012
Reply by Jill Dewar

RSS

© 2021   Created by Sara.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service