Sew, What's New?

Curating sewing and quilting talent, techniques, and tutorials, since 1997.

I'm Kathy from Utah. I own 3 sergers and a coverstitch machine. I have been serging since the mid-eighties when I had my own dance costume business. I love, love, love sergers!!! I have been learning even more since I started teaching serger classes at one of our local dealers. Its fun!!

Views: 61

Replies to This Post

Welcome! Thanks for posting. Sounds like you are very knowledgeable. We also have a Sewing Instructors group if you would be interested in joining other instructors there. :)

oh kathy ... i'm jealous! i've been looking at coverstitch machines on ebay and drooling. the one i'm looking at is the yamata 3 needle ... what one do you have? (hehe ... i have 2 sergers as well :D both babylocks)
Hey Kathy - I'm Katriina from Gravenhurst in Canada. I, too, had my own dance costume business and bought my serger for making leotards and other spandex costumes. I've since added a 4-thread industrial Juki which I absolutely love. Teaching serger classes certainly is fun. I like to get my students to work on threading and changing tensions until they are totally comfortable playing around with their machines.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Sara.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service