Free fabric. For real. We're giving away scrap fabric.
Here's the skinny, real quick and dirty:
Some fabric is new off the shelf, some is recycled. Recycling fabric is one of the best, most responsible, environmentally friendly things we as sewers can do. Recycling fabric, garments, notions, and supplies is not only cool, but recycling keeps the pre-existing articles out of our landfills. If you are just learning to sew, this is a perfect way to start your stash. SWN has, a "stash". We have a sweet one pound parcel of fabric to send out - free. It contains just a little bit of everything; tweed, fleece, flannel, linen, cotton, poly lining, and more. See below.
One pound fabric bundle:
(.....just a sneal peek.... shhhh...)
If you are pathetic about fabric like we are, almost guilty of "hoarding" but not quite bad enough to get Lifetime TV at your door.. you could probably make great use out of a free pound of fabric. You could even, sell your wares made from a free pound of fabric.
You could make:
- Softies from velvet, sweaters and fleece.
- Soft toys from velours, felted wool, minky
- Purses, accessories, and wallets with wool, tweed, cotton, pleather, canvas, denim.
- Quilts - 'nuff said.
- Charity sewing. any fabric
- Gift bags sewn with canvas, cotton duck, denim, cotton, etc
- Wreaths made from polyester
- Buckets sewn from unbleached cotton
- Doll Clothing & Dolls sewn from any fabric
- Pot holders, oven mitts, tea wallets, coasters etc sewn from cottons, and polycottons
- Pincushions sewn with cottons
- Button Baskets sewn from any fabric
- Aprons sewn with cottons and polycottons
- Booties sewn from wool, felt, fleece, flannel
- Greeting Cards from cottons
- Mug Rugs from cottons and polycottons
- Needlebooks from cottons, polycottons, wool, felt, fleece, flannel
- Yo-yo's sewn from cottons, and polycottons
- Key Fobs from cottons, webbing, and ribbon
- and more and more and more...
Would you like to win it?
Delivered to your door, laundered, folded, sorted, bound with some pretty ribbon?!
Here's how many different easy ways you can enter this give-away:
This give-away is now CLOSED for entries.
Winner was announced in March 13th morning broadcast email.
[Fabric Bucket by Suzie Lambert]
Have fun and good luck!
(and thank you for helping to spread the word about this give-away)