I have five-to-six garbage bags' worth of fabric I am trying to hide. I do mean hide. Maybe I should box it up and label it "winter clothes and coats"? Ideas? Must be done NOW. Help me please.
Have you seen…Continue
I recently tried out a couple patterns/tutorials I found online, which I was happy with. I'll post the blog links below.
One was for a bifold wallet. This is my "test" wallet done with fabric scraps.
I used a velcro closure instead of a snap since I wanted to try it out first.…Continue
Well, it's all finished. My Modern She Made Swap project is in the mail, winging it's way to Florida, USA.
Sewing for others
How fun is life if we just did things for ourselves? More safe for sure :). Well this is the second time I made anything for someone outside my family. My friend (Kelly) wanted me to make a casual dress for her to wear to a beach wedding. She found this very casual…Continue
Added by Renata on May 26, 2012 at 9:55pm — No Comments
At my annual Creative Get Away Sewing Retreat at the end of April in Danville, IL - I stayed up late a couple of nights to whip up this sweatshirt base jacked that combines the ruffle from lower band idea from the Rachel Jacket and the bound edges from the Ruth Jacket - both found in my Creative Sweatshirt Jackets Londa's Way - Book 2. I have…Continue
Sorry for the delay replying, my camera needed charging and the other half's camera was full, but here we are.
My mother had collected scraps for several years, so they include bits from dressmaking by my sister and I as well as recycled garments and pieces bought as remnants. I still have my Sindy with dresses made from some of these for instance, so it is also a memory collection.
She then cut them to rectangles and hand sewed them around card templates. She had started to…Continue
I am currently working on my first ever Flickr swap. It is called Modern She Made. When I originally followed the link from my friend Diane's blog from blank pages the swap invitation…
Imagine walking into your house one day and in the middle of your living room is a brand new 60-inch plasma screen TV. Your husband just spent $3,000 on the biggest and best. And then he says, "This is the best ever! Great picture, stereo surround sound, and it gets only one channel all the time . . . ESPN!! Sports, all day every day." $3,000 for a one-channel TV…Continue
Added by camomma on May 15, 2012 at 2:30pm — No Comments
So my better half is able to manage this week without me there and I was able to escape down the shore to my friend Cins place for a few days. I brought my Elnita, and a car load of tools. She tells me that her Kenmore 2 will not work and asked me to look at it. I re-threaded the top without any trouble and opened the door to the bobbin case, took the bobbin case out, and gave the thread a tug to see how much tension there was. The thread snapped off... sooo.... you know what that means.…Continue
I added the picture. As you can see, it's not nearly as formfitting on me as on the model. I really think it's more flattering that way.
Added by Neefer Duir on May 11, 2012 at 4:58pm — No Comments
Make flowers out of panty hose. A purse out of a tie. A necklace out of shoelaces.
Beautiful and inexpensive accessories abound if you know how to transform the everyday into the chic.
The Other 10%
We talk a lot about tension settings and tension adjustments on machines . 90% of the time, we adjust the top tension to achieve the perfect stitch. This time, we will discuss the other 10%, the bobbin tension. Many have been told to never touch the bobbin tension. It isn't as difficult as we have been led to believe. If you are one who has been told to never touch it, by the end of this page, hopefully you will realize that is perfectly safe and…
I came to the start realization that there are far too few aprons in the world. I've deciede to take this problem head on and begun apron construction. Like most the things I make there was no pattern for these. I Love making things from scratch freeform.
But what good is an apron if it isn't reversible or doesn't have large pockets? :D…Continue
Added by Bunneah Munkeah on May 2, 2012 at 10:00pm — No Comments
SUNSHINE Coast fashion's new generation is sewing up a storm, determined to make its mark on the future of the designing world.
For many of its members, dreams of…Continue
Added by Susan on May 2, 2012 at 10:38am — No Comments
This is the second blog post that was submitted to the Queen of the Castle magazine. I have to say I really enjoyed writing the article and pretending to be a tutor.
Added by Renata on May 1, 2012 at 11:30pm — No Comments