This dress I made for my grand daughter. The pattern I used was a Project Runway Simplicity pattern #2989. The print fabric Asian Garden Posies is from JoAnn Fabrics.
I modified the pattern by not adding the sleeves. The dress is lined so there was no need to create a finish for the neckline or sleeves. The pattern was easy to follow, but I am not sure it is a pattern for beginners.
I have just…Continue
I thought I would finally share my last adventure of making bridesmaid dress for a dear friends daughter's wedding.
First and foremost the pattern I used for these dresses is from Burda Style pattern #7539.
The fabric chosen for these dresses is Dupioni Silk. The pattern called for using lace for the bodice inset. The colors of the dresses made it difficult to use the basic lace that is offered commercially. Although I could have hand dyed the…Continue