The finished cushion, but then I thought maybe I should make more of my idea of using the back to leave a message....
So meet the Common Carp! I used Bondaweb to trace the outline and fuse it to the bottom half of the cushion. Then I traced the other details onto some of my sticky paper solvy and stuck it in place on the applique.
Then I used more free motion machine embroidery to add the other details. This time I managed not to get the photo wet when I dunked it to remove the sticky solvy! This fabric is a piece of blue moire curtain fabric as I liked the watery shine and thought it apt for a fish.