I had enlarged the pattern by 25%, used a recycled wool skirt, and some mint green sheeting for the lining. I added a zipped pocket and a divided slip pocket in a patterned fabric. I chose to have a ring on both ends of the handle instead of just one end, and use rivets to finish the handles. This meant putting it aside while I waited for the rivets I had ordered to arrive.
While I waited I looked at it. The more I looked at it, the more I was unhappy with it. So I removed the mint green lining, and replaced it with a terracotta one. I found the perfect coloured zip to match and recycled it (even though it was an invisible zipper) using my new zipper foot.
The next idea I had was to add some hand embroidery to the flap. I have the book "20 Floral Bags to Make" (aka Bags in Bloom) by Susan Cariello. She lives in Norwich, and I have been on one of her workshops. This is the bag from her book that inspired me, though my design is simpler.
Here is the new lining and zipped pocket. I felt the rings I had used were too big, and when I made the Zip and Go bag I saw the lobster clasps and D rings and thought they would suit better. I shortened the tabs, and when the rivets arrived the new straps were ready to clip on.
So here is my finished embroidered Josy Clutch, with the new detachable handle!