Sew, What's New?

Curating sewing and quilting talent, techniques, and tutorials, since 1997.

Random Textile Term - Cloque Fabric

Cloque Fabric:  from the French term for blistered, it refers to any fabric whose surface exhibits an irregularly raised blister or quilted effect.  

Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts:

Basic Techniques for Sewing, Applique, Embroidery, Quilting, Dyeing, and Printing,

plus 150 Inspired Projects from A to Z

Views: 1014


You need to be a member of Sew, What's New? to add comments!

Join Sew, What's New?

Comment by Vee on January 31, 2012 at 3:27am

This is amazing.  This  techique is not  new.  I have  some old fabric remnants with this raised look.

Comment by Susan on January 9, 2012 at 6:17pm

clo·que  =  [kloh-key]

Comment by Barbara (Corky) Dahl on January 9, 2012 at 2:04pm

Is it pronounced like 'cloak' or like 'cloak K'?

© 2022   Created by Sara.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service