This is a great project for your scraps! I can think of so many different ways to use this nifty bag that Suzanne of Foofanagle has created. I may try one myself to give to my stepdaughter to carry her soccer gear in, and make it out of soccer fabric. I'll let you know how that goes.
This is a long tutorial with a fair number of pics. For those of you who are quick and crafty, here’s a summary of the steps, it may be all you need.
- Cut and assemble pieces
- Sew basket (bottom, side, together)
- Sew handles and add to basket
- Add trim to pocket, sew pocket to inside lining, sew pockets
- Iron drawstring flap and sew down top ends for neat drawstring opening
- Sew down drawstring flap
- Sew drawstring bottom to interior lininglining top
- Sew lining to basket
- Trim top of Bagsket and thread drawstring
- Ta da!
Read on for the full tutorial. I think Suzanne did an excellent job with this tutorial and we hope it's useful and fun for you too!