I needed a bag for carrying towels and a key for when I service the gardeners' toilet here on the Estate (Hoveton Hall Estate). I didn't need a structured bag, I needed something light, so I went back to my vintage 70's bag pattern, Style 4143. I always make it two inches shorter than the original pattern, as despite the picture (top left) it would not really fit over the shoulder comfortably otherwise.
I am using a printed cotton from my stash, and some nylon lining (in case the towels are damp). Rather than make a lining I over locked it to the cotton and treated as one fabric.
Though I am leaving out any interfacing to keep the bag light and soft I am adding a removable base covered in nylon. To help my machine grip I used my roller foot as it doesn't get out much!
I have added some simple hand embroidery to the front zipped pocket, so I will have to add lining to that too to protect the stitches. I just used a co-ordinating cotton for that rather than the nylon.
It is a standalone pocket, so when I attached it I only stitched it down both sides and across the bottom, now I have an extra pocket behind.
So here is my quick vintage bag, I think it has turned out very well. I extended the straps a little to make it easier to access when it is on my shoulder.