Carolyn, your dance costumes show your love for the dance and the beautiful flow of cloth when stitched so well!
Our Activities Director here at Cherry Ridge belongs to a Belly Dancing Group and they came here for a program and a chance to dance with them. ASome of us will be taking classes in January. I'm so glad because it is an activity I have really wanted to do. So, life does start at 80!!
Yes i did receive your package. Thanks so much for the material and especially the matching thread for the pink cord. I've already got plans for the fabric, now just to find the time to sew it up. The pink cord is destined to be pants for my 2yr old daughter - she really likes pink!!
I'll post pics once its completed.
Thank you Carolyn this is very nice. My daughter just have another baby and since we leave toghther, I have no more time to sew. But I'll try harder because I love to sew and I need to sew more. I feel happy when I create and I mess it a lot....
No, nothing yet...I'll wait for a few more days and if I don't hear from her, there's not a lot I can do.... I tried to add a photo of the twins a few hours after birth, but I don't know if it is ok. Talk to you soon. Chris
Hi Carolyn, Marilyn and I are Swap Partners. I have emailed her (rather sporadically I admit) regarding what I like, my address...etc. I have not heard from her as to her likes, etc. SHE has contacted me twice and I've responded...please help me get info from her. Thanks, Susan
Yes, she contacted me April 5th but I was not able to respond to her until April 10th due to my computer malfunction. Of course, I have not heard back from her because she is away. I will hope to hear from her Monday or Tuesday. I hope she still wants me! I so regret the computer problem. They are a curse but a blessing. How else could I have this opportunity. I can't wait to shop and find American treasures to send to the UK! Mary Ellen
Wouldn't you know it just as this swap is to take place my computer and internet service decide to go on the fritz. Yes I am in and I will get back to Vickii immediately. I hope I am not too late. I just got the ---- thing working this evening.
Happy Easter Mary Ellen
1) What is your favorite colour? Yellow
2) What is your favorite colour combination? Yellow Purple Black
3) What is your favorite type of sewing (ie, garment, quilting, etc)? Quilting
4) What is your lease favorite type of sewing? Clothes
5) What is your favorite type of fabric (ie, cotton, silk, etc)? Cotton
6) What is your favorite animal? Dogs & Cats
7) What is your favorite treat? Dark Chocolate
8) What do you collect? Fabric
9) What other types of crafts do you do? None
10) What are your other hobbies? Gardening
11) What is your favorite drink? Ice Tea
12) What is your favorite flavour? ??
13) What is your favorite smell/scent? Lavender
14) What is something you always use? ??
15) What is something you never use? ??
16) Is there something you are looking for that you can't find in your region? What is it? No
17) Please list any allergies. None
18) Do you smoke? No
19) Do you have pets? Cats Dogs Fish
20) What is something you want your swap partner to know about you? Not sure
Hey Carolyn!! I am dropping in to say GREAT IDEA!! The swap :-) as I am just beginning to gather fabrics for a purpose,I'll jump in down the road...I look forward to watching it progress and see pics of everybody's packages! What fun!! It didn't say should the items be new?Or just within the monetary guidelines?? We have a similiar thing called a "White Elephant" where people at get togethers bring things from home alot of fun and people can steal from each other and you may get left with the gift NOBODY wanted :-) Nice! Jeri
Hi Carolyn! Thanks for the site info I'll check into it... I was wondering though what woed shall I use for "search" Belly dancing and is there one that is a favorite of yours? If the women below can play dress up and dance don't see why I can't!! Maybe with enough crunches I can bejewel belly button, One of the buttons I don't collect HA! HA! Jeri
Hee! Hee! Carolyn glad you liked the pic :-) OK "uncle" Perhaps I will get brave and join the group here in town.I'd love it if you could recommend a site where I might be able to find CDs to dance too. The pic above makes me feel better already !Blue is one of my colors :-) Hope you're enjoying your day, Jeri