Sew, What's New?

Curating sewing and quilting talent, techniques, and tutorials, since 1997.

Since this group is for addicts....  and we all should probably banned from the fabric stores...  our debit and credit cards taken away LOL!   I thought it would be fun to read all of our confessions lol!

Everyone is invited to tell the rest of the group what you most recent binge entailed.  What did you buy?  Why?  Was it on sale?  Good deal?  What will you do with it?  

I'll go first...  I am pretty sure my other half will never read this lol.

The local fabric franchise was having a buy one, get 2 free sale on polar fleece.  How could anyone REALLY refrain from taking advantage of that?  I didn't break the bank, but, I did end up with 12 meters for the price of 4.  Nice deal!   I bought the youngest boy bright orange fleece with black paw prints - made him a bathrobe lol!  Sounds wild but that's what he wanted and he loves it.  I bought some really fresh looking fuschia flowery fleece for child #4 and that will be for pj's for her.  Then I found some black fleece with multi colored paw prints all over it for the dog - yes, pathetic I know.  And lastly I found some nice double sided fleece in grey for ME.  So far, I made a sad looking poncho that my other half won't let me out of the house with.  I wear it while watching tv.  I don't care, it's comfy and warm.  

Oh and there was a 65% off sale on notions.  Enough said.

Who's next?  Fess up!  

Views: 182

Replies to This Post

I have not seen a fabric consignment shop...but I live in a small town. Good idea though. Perhaps you could organize a fabric swap in your town...you don't have to come away with as much as you take. What ever is left over could be donated to a nonprofit organization.
Great idea!
I live in a small farming community. I have to travel 20 miles to the nearest big town to buy fabric. I love shopping in thrift stores for fabric and have been pretty lucky on find some.
YOu know that is a great idea, but how many "addicts" do you know who would give up their material!
I went to the fabric store just to buy a few meters of 1/2' thick foam, but they were having a 50% off everything. I came out with a lot lot more than just foam :S I go to the fabric store every weekend (I make puppets for sale) and now they all know me by my name (and it's not a small store).
My biggest confession was when a local fabric store went out of business. I lived there every day for several hours until the very last day. I got so many good deals on fabric. Unfortunately, most of it is still on the shelves in my sewing room waiting for me....
Just found this group. My kind of ladies for sure.
My weakness is fleece and flannel and anything cute. I make quilts, blankets etc for little ones and my stash is overflowing. (My sewing room has taken over my kitchen as this is the only place in the house that I can set up any table!)

I buy where ever there is a great sale, including eBay!! I especially love the buy 1, get 1 or 2 or even 3 free!! And I too, go into the store for one thing and end up coming out with at least $100.00 worth of material!! Is there such a thing as Fabrics Anonymous??

RSS

© 2022   Created by Sara.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service